Race Date: September 11, 2022
Start Time: 7AM
Start Location: Ulster County Fairgrounds, 2.5 miles south of the village of New Paltz, NY on County Road #7.
All Entrants in the S.O.S. must have completed a Half distance (70.3) within 7 hrs or a Full distance (140.6) in 15 hours, within 18 months of race day. SOS 2021 is also a qualifier. (Note:You have until September to qualify. You may update the info on your registration page at anytime) You may be asked to provide documentation of your qualifications.
If you have completed the SOS in 2021, please include that info and final time as part of your registration.
STEP-BY-STEP REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
On Registration night - Go to the Events.com registration page prior to midnight Eastern Time. Below is the look of the page BEFORE registration opens.
Note the "REGISTER NOW" button is not clickable.
On Registration night - Go to the Events.com registration page prior to midnight Eastern Time. Below is the look of the page BEFORE registration opens. Note the "REGISTER NOW" button is not clickable.
- At the stroke of midnight Eastern Time, (or 9pm Pacific Time), please refresh the page (several times) until you see the REGISTER NOW box appear bright orange – note that the page will not auto-refresh
- Once the REGISTER NOW box appears bright orange, select the number of registrations you want by clicking the + sign, and then click "REGISTER NOW".
- Fill in the following basic information.
- After you've completed your basic information: CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU'RE IN SOS 2022!!
- You will receive a confirmation email.
- NEXT, you will receive an "additional information email", with instructions to "EDIT" and complete your registration.
- At your convenience, you'll answer the following questions regarding specific awards, USAT membership options, questions regarding open category, as well as info on your qualifying event.
- Keep in mind, you have until September of 2022 to show your qualifying result.
Once the initial registration sells out, 20 charity slots will still be available for a $1,000 minimum donation to one of the Mohonk Preserve’s education funds.
The $1,000 can be obtained through fundraising or paid directly
If you get a message that says that registration for the event is closed and you want to use one of the charity slots you can contact the Mohonk Preserve beginning on November 3rd at 10am.
See below for information on signing up through a Charity Spot
RACE WAS SOLD OUT...NOW WHAT?
CHARITY SPOTS INFORMATION
The SOS community charity is the Mohonk Preserve. Why? Not just because the race course travels over its beautiful carriage roads and winds its way around their stunning vistas – but also because the Preserve is bringing the wonders of nature to under served children. With your help we can all make a huge difference in the lives of kids and help support this worthy cause.
Make a commitment to give or raise $1000 and receive:
Charity entry spot into the 2020 SOS
A Mohonk Preserve all privileges (hiking, biking, & climbing) membership
Two Mohonk Preserve Day Passes
Special invitations to Preserve Events
As a participant, you are still responsible for race registration fees and submitting qualifying information to SOS. If entrant chooses to fundraise for their charity spot entry fee, the Preserve will provide an online fundraising platform and fundraising policies.
To learn more, contact Andy Reynolds at the Mohonk Preserve. 845-255-0919 ext.1269 or email him at: email@example.com